Privacy and Security Policy
I. The NRS Commitment to Secure Online Shopping:
- NRS understands your concerns about privacy. We have both electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard information you give us online. NRS uses Thawte to provide secure online communications by encrypting all data (including your payment information) transmitted to and from the NRS.com website.
II. Personal Information that NRS May Collect Online:
- NRS collects and retains customer names, postal and email addresses, billing information, and phone and fax numbers for our own use.
III. How NRS Uses Your Personal Information:
- The collection of customer names, postal and email addresses, billing information, and phone numbers is used for order processing and communication regarding your NRS order.
- When you supply NRS with your email address, you may receive periodic mailings of the NRS electronic newsletter. We use NRS newsletter to notify you of special offers, tips, and new gear. If you would rather not receive this inside information, please use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email to manually unsubscribe or give us a call at 1.877.677.4327. NRS takes your privacy seriously and will never sell or distribute your email address.
- When you supply NRS with your postal address, you may receive periodic mailings of the NRS printed catalog. From time to time NRS may share your name with other high-quality companies that we feel may match your adventurous spirit. If you would rather not receive our catalog or information from other paddlesports companies, please call 1.877.677.4327, write to NRS at 2009 S. Main St. Moscow, ID 83843, or email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be omitted.
- We may work with a data provider to target advertising to you personally, through online and offline methods including email, display media, video media and direct mail. These providers may use personal information that we have collected or that you have provided to locate you online, such as when you visit or log in to websites or mobile applications. When you log in to or visit our website, your IP address or cookie information may be combined with other de-identified data(such as a hashed, non-readable email or postal address) in order to send ads and materials to you based on your preferences, interests and attributes. To opt out of this and other interest-based advertising, please visit the industry opt-out pages operated by the DAA, at aboutads.info and by the NAI.
IV. “Cookies” and Site Usage Tracking:
- NRS asks that children do not submit information to us without the consent of a parent or guardian.
VI. Access to Personal Information
- If you would like to update, review, or remove your personal information from the NRS database, please call 1.877.677.4327, write to NRS at 2009 S. Main Moscow, ID 83843, or email email@example.com and tell us what you would like us to do.
VII. Google Analytics
- NRS uses a web analytical tool called Google Analytics to help manage our website.